I believe that the Mediation Fee should be clear and proportionate to the value of the dispute. These are my guide rates where monetary sums are claimed or counter-claimed. However I always quote individually after discussion with you about the participants’ requirements and my fee will reflect a number of factors.
Where a dispute does not primarily involve monetary claims (e.g. boundary disputes), daily or hourly rates will be quoted reflecting factors such as complexity, importance to the participants, and their means. I am always prepared to offer concessionary rates where there is need.
Please call me to discuss your case. I rarely fail to provide a solution at a price acceptable to the participants.
Amount in Dispute No Time Limit
Limited - 8 Hours
Limited - 4 Hours
Up to £50,000 £2,500 £2,000 £1,400 £600
£50,000 - £250,000 £4,000 £3,500 £2,000 £900
£250,000 - £500,000 £4,500 £4,000 £2,500 Not Available
£500,00 - £1m £5,000 £4,500
£3,000 Not Available
£1m - £5m £6,000 £5,000 Not Available Not Available
£5m upwards £7,000 £6,000 Not Available Not Available
- The amount of claim includes any counterclaim.
- The fees represent the total amount to be shared between the parties.
- The total fee increases by £150 for each party over two parties involved in the mediation.
- Three hours preparation is included.
- I reserve the right to charge an additional hourly rate of 10% of the daily fee for preparation over three hours or where the mediation runs over time.
- Fees do not include agreed expenses such as travel costs and overnight accommodation, which will be estimated in advance.
- Fees and expenses, plus VAT, are shared equally between the parties unless I am informed otherwise, and will be invoiced and are payable prior to the mediation.
- Where participants are represented by solicitors, my invoice will be addressed to the solicitors who must accept liability for my fees and expenses.
- Video conference mediations are charged at the same rates as in the table above.
- E-mediation is charged at the same rates as for 4 hour mediations.
- Special rates apply to Med-Arbs – please ask me.
- I am happy to consider any alternative model favoured by the participants that does not appear above – just ask me.
- If I am appointed via In Place of Strife or Clerksroom then different rates may apply.